Welch Allyn is a global manufacturer of medical diagnostic devices and patient monitoring systems. The company was acquired by Hill Rom in 2015, but remains located in Skaneateles, New York.
In 2018, Welch Allyn began to transition their marketing strategy from one-off marketing plans to a more all encompassing and holistic marketing experience. As the company continued to see an increase in online sales and leads, it was crucial to focus on their online presence, specifically through an organic lens.
In the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content is king. By auditing the Welch Allyn website and focusing on the company’s main projects (RetinaVue, Spot Vision Screener and Connex Cardio EKG), my team was able to provide strategic recommendations to Welch Allyn’s marketing department. These recommendations are now being used to guide Welch Allyn in writing new content for their website with the end goal of increasing the SEO metrics.
Over the course of 3 months, my team worked closing with Welch Allyn to accomplish six different SEO audit deliverables. The following deliverables were shared with the Welch Allyn team to help with their website content.
– Keyword research
– Key opportunities
– Industry trends
– SEO site map
– Google Search Console setup
– 404 crawl errors exported and cleaned
– Site speed recommendations
– User experience recommendations
– Schema markup recommendations
– Title tags and meta descriptions
– Google index / de-index recommendations
– Content recommendations
– Inner-linking recommendations
– H1, H2, H3 recommendations
– Alt image tag recommendations